Private Division (Las Vegas, NV)
Assists in leading a team in executing test plans on pre-release video games by verifying functionality, data content, performance, usability/playability, and compatibility. Must have an extraordinary attention to detail, be successful at pod leading, and have a proven commitment to quality. Reports to a QA Lead, Senior QA Lead or QA Manager.
- Support and perform tests on 2D and 3D games repeatedly, while listening and looking for bugs.
- Provide coaching, training, and overall guidance to QA Testers and Senior QA Testers.
- Create and develop test scripts based on business requirements and processes, aligned with defined workflows and use cases.
- Assist in developing, designing and ensuring the overall integrity of the testing strategy including disaster recovery and business continuity testing.
- Help design, develop and implement test plans including regression testing, scripts and tools utilizing documented business requirements and functional specifications.
- Coordinate adequate levels of testing documentation with the appropriate technical groups and/or pods by working with Lead/Manager to identify appropriate data for testing and prepare that data for the test cases.
- Assess and potentially revise testing strategies and cases based on project scope changes.
- Work with appropriate Leads to determine the acceptable range for test results and overall performance.
- Reconcile test results from different tests and different pods.
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Advanced database skills; to include TTP and Jira.
- High productivity with few errors.
- Successful in leading a small or large pod.
- Demonstrates understanding and lives by the departments’ core values with adherence to Company policies.
- Consistently provides a positive role-model to testers, in terms of work performance, attitude and attendance.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18 years and above.
- 3+ years of QA testing experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of test cycles and processes.
- Reliable, and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts.
- Capable of working any mandatory overtime; which can occur during the work week, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.