Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. Announced as a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, The Outer Worlds, Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey, Disintegration, and more. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded business development professional to help be part of a new business backed by one of the best companies in the industry.
This role will report to the Head of Business Operations and support the business development efforts across the label including developer sourcing, partner management, game pitch evaluation, and deal negotiations.
- Establish, cultivate and manage long-term relationships with independent developers and key creative talent throughout the industry.
- Work cross-functionally with business unit leaders across the label to identify, prioritize and engage with developers.
- Build a deep knowledge of Private Division’s value proposition to articulate the value add we bring to developers.
- Build and manage a CRM database of developer contacts.
- Support the negotiation of key partnership agreements, with financial analysis and industry research, with the ultimate goal of eventually leading negotiations.
- Participate in and help to facilitate Private Division’s engagement in developer industry events and meetups.
- 3-5 years of experience in business development and/or partner management.
- Strong track record of identifying and executing successful partnerships.
- Demonstrated passion and understanding of the video game industry.
- Must possess impeccable written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience in the video game industry is preferred.
- Ability to travel 25-50%.
- Bachelor’s degree required