Private Division (Seattle, WA)
Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. Announced as a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, The Outer Worlds, Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey, Disintegration, and more. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded event and production professional to help be part of a new business backed by one of the best companies in the industry.
The Community Manager, Kerbal Space Program will be a part of a growing marketing and communications team and contribute to the strategic development and community/social media campaigns for Kerbal Space Program (KSP). We are seeking an experienced community/social media manager who can lead the community and social media campaigns in an agile startup environment.
- Lead the planning and execution for the community and social media strategies for Kerbal Space Program.
- Collaborate with the developer, the greater marketing team, the international marketing team in Munich, and production team in Seattle to support the worldwide execution of the community, PR, marketing, and social media plans for KSP.
- Work with creative teams, the developer, and vendors on creative assets and programs to support the social and community execution.
- Support the game as an on-site representative at trade and consumer shows.
- Develop, manage, and execute the community and social calendars for KSP in collaboration with internal and external parties.
- Manage moderators and the KSP official forums, while simultaneously being an active member of the community as a primary voice of KSP.
- Develop and maintain relationships with content creators and community influencers, grow KSP social media followings, and engage with video game audiences across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, and more.
- Spot trending issues and track and report consumer sentiment from KSP social media channels and data to inform recommendations.
- As we are a startup environment within the organization, we are seeking a professional who will “wear many hats,” and assist and contribute to publisher activities outside of the core community/social media and CS functions.
- Travel, both domestic and international, is required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in community management and social media. Strong knowledge of the video game industry is required.
- A deep love for Kerbal Space Program as a player with extensive experience, with an understanding of the KSP community.
- A broad understanding and interest in space, space-related media, space agencies, and the overall space industry.
- Experience as a hardcore gamer on both PC and console.
- Experience in creating and executing community-focused social media campaigns.
- Strong organizational skills and experience developing a set of standards for tracking and reporting issues.
- Experience taking ownership of tasks and goals.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, as well as time and project management skills.
- Experience in writing social media copy and managing social media asset creation.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and transparent method with our partners and uphold our label marketing pledge.
- Able to win and maintain the respect from outside development teams through thoughtful input, strong work ethic, and perseverance.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to listen, and develop a complete understanding of KSP and the developer’s goals as organizations.
- Ability to manage relationships with freelancers, agencies, vendors, and other external resources.
- Experience in building communities on all major social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitch.
- Experience using analytics to measure and track community sentiment, reach, and engagement over time.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or other relevant project management toolset, including learning those used by our internal teams and the developer. Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and primary Creative Cloud applications required.
**Please tell us about how KSP is a part of your life when you submit your cover letter. Cover letters count as part of the application requirements for this role.**