Private Division (Munich, Germany)
Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. Announced as a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with renowned creative talent at studios including Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games, V1 Interactive, and more. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas.
Private Division is looking for a Game Release Manager to be involved in releasing our games and updates on all supported platforms. You will work with the Program Manager, teams across the Private Division label (Production, QA, Marketing), and our external development studios to schedule and coordinate timelines for certification passes and releases in different environments. You will act as the point of contact for European releases (and other international releases as needed), and communicate status on all issues related to these releases to help ensure smooth, successful launches. You will also work with external partners to coordinate the setup of products and ensure that all of our releases go as planned, regardless of the platform.
- Assist the Program Manager to develop end-to-end timelines and plans for all releases in our portfolio (full games, game updates, add-on content, IAP, etc).
- Assist the Program Manager to track all tasks and deadlines involved in a release (game submissions, patch submissions, marketing materials submissions, international ratings submissions).
- Work closely with development teams to understand full release schedule and business goals behind each release.
- Manage submissions for our first party partner releases in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Assist the Program Manager with PC releases and releases in the Americas as needed.
- Coordinate with T2 Asia to provide game and marketing submission materials for releases in Asia.
- Assist with the International Marketing Team on submission related processes as needed (game ratings, marketing metadata, localization, etc.).
- Collaborate with our developer partners, the marketing team, the QA team, and the production team.
- Clearly communicate issues, impact, and possible options as they arise, and develop action plans through partner teamwork.
- Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into incidents affecting the team or players.
- Create and maintain a resourcing plan that accommodates the release management needs of the label and our developers.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Focused and composed under pressure.
- Highly adaptable to a variety of situations and curious about potential improvements.
- Flexibility and willingness to work odd hours as needed to support our development studios around the world and in multiple time zones.
- Proficiency with current Microsoft consumer level products (e.g. Office 2016 and Windows 10).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written skills with team members.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple teams across the studios and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Ability to quickly solve or seek the solution to any problem in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Enthusiasm and passion for games and the games industry, with a general understanding of the game development and release process.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Excellent knowledge of console certification requirements.
- Experience shipping AAA titles from the early alpha stage to the full gold master on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, and/or PC.
- Previous experience in QA and/or game development is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the console SDK development tools and release processes for Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo platforms.