Private Division (Seattle, Washington)
Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. Announced as a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, The Outer Worlds, Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey, Disintegration, and more. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas.
Our Seattle team is looking for a Game Release Manager to be involved in releasing our games, updates, ratings, and other content on all supported platforms. You will work with the Release Management team, teams across the Private Division label (Production, QA, Marketing), and our external development studios to schedule and coordinate timelines for certification passes and releases. You will act as a point of contact for game releases and age ratings in North America and LATAM regions (and other releases as needed), and communicate status on all issues related to these releases to help ensure smooth, successful launches. You will also work with external partners to coordinate the setup of products and ensure that all launches go as planned. We are looking for someone who naturally excels at organization, loves games and thinks deeply about them and most of all is willing to roll up their sleeves and learn.
- Support the Release Management team, helping develop end-to-end timelines and plans for all releases in our portfolio (full games, updates, add-on content, IAP, etc.)
- Assist in the tracking of tasks and deadlines involved in a release (game submissions, patch submissions, marketing materials submissions, international ratings submissions).
- Drive the submission process for age ratings in North America, assist with other international ratings as needed.
- Collaborate with our developer partners, the marketing team, the QA team, and the production team.
- Clearly communicate issues, impact, and possible options as they arise, and develop action plans through partner teamwork.
- Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into incidents affecting the team or players.
- Create and maintain a resourcing plan that accommodates the release management needs of the label and our developers.
- Focused and composed under pressure.
- Experience shipping titles from the early alpha stage to the full gold master on at least one platform (PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, and/or PC).
- Strong understanding of the console SDK development tools and release processes for at least one platform.
- Highly adaptable to a variety of situations and curious about potential improvements.
- Flexibility and willingness to work odd hours as needed to support our development studios around the world and in multiple time zones.
- Proficiency with current Microsoft consumer level products (e.g. Office 2016 and Windows 10).
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written skills with team members.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple teams across the studios and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Ability to quickly solve or seek the solution to any problem in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- An enthusiasm and passion for games and the games industry, with a general understanding of the game development and release process.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Excellent knowledge of console certification requirements and age ratings submissions.
- Previous experience in QA and/or game development is a plus.