Location – Seattle, Washington – Intercept Games
ABOUT THE POSITION
Who We Are:
Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program, the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re extending the game in every possible direction. KSP2 looks forward into a future of space colonization and next-gen technology, upward to new star systems, and outward in demographic reach. KSP2’s gorgeous and beguiling universe combines with a radically improved user experience to attract and foster new players. It also satisfies existing fans’ appetites for new challenges. We’re also bringing a new social dimension to the game with an all-new multiplayer experience, allowing friends to collaboratively build an interstellar civilization. We believe that by preserving and extending the magic of the original game, a new generation of fans will be given a chance to fall in love with the fearless, ever-curious Kerbals as they explore the cosmos!
Intercept Games is looking for a writer who can straddle science and entertainment in order to bring a lighthearted touch to the captivating and complicated topic of space travel. KSP2 replicates realistic rockets and orbital mechanics, and it does not shy away from difficult concepts. The writer melds clear and concise guidance with upbeat and spirited humor, ensuring that players are engaged, learning, and never confused about how to accomplish their goals.
What You’ll Take On
As the writer, you will collaborate with design and UI/UX to craft the final text for a wide variety of content. This drives players ever outwards with a compelling mission narrative while providing tools to build and fly with confidence through tutorials and parts descriptions. Kerbals need this love too, and the writer will help show their boisterous personalities.
KSP is playable in several languages, and you will coordinate with production and localization teams to ensure that the meaning of your words are not lost no matter where the game is played.
What You Bring
- Previous experience writing for video games.
- Experience on at least one shipped title.
- The ability to understand the themes of an existing intellectual property and use them to make your own work.
- Strong communication skills.
Great to Have:
- Bachelors in a related field.
- Previous experience with localization.
- Experience with Unity.
- A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.