What We’re Working On
Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program, the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re extending the game in every possible direction — forward into a future of space colonization and next-gen technology, upward to new star systems, and outward toward approachability. KSP2’s gorgeous and beguiling universe combines with a radically improved user experience to attract and foster new players while satisfying existing fans’ appetites for new challenges. We’re also bringing a new social dimension to the game with an all-new multiplayer experience, allowing friends to collaboratively build an interstellar civilization. We believe that by preserving and extending the magic of the original game, a new generation of fans will be given a chance to fall in love with the fearless, ever-curious Kerbals as they explore the cosmos.
As the Graphics Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for owning the all functionality associated with realtime 3D rendering for our game software, working with a team of engineering professionals. You are a clear and crisp communicator, a team player, and you excel at designing and writing stable, performant software, specifically at the GPU and Shader level. You will evaluate and understand the potential impacts of various 3D rendering techniques across a variety of hardware and will make evidence-based recommendations on our path forward. You’ll make deep contributions to essential technologies that make our product unique, and you will hold the team to high standards by demonstrating good practices for code reviews, system design, documentation, testing, and quality software implementation. You will collaborate with leadership, improve tools and processes, collaborate with QA, and deliver amazing software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- High level of proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
- High proficiency 3D Math, Quaternions, HLSL, Rendering Pipelines, and current 3D Rendering techniques.
- Has contributed software to at least one shipping game on the Desktop, Xbox, or Playstation platforms.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to work closely and professionally with a team of peers.
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine, particularly the Universal Render Pipeline and the High Definition Render Pipeline.
- Deep understanding of quality and performance optimization for AMD, nVidia, and other major manufacturer GPUs.
- Experience with developing for multiple simultaneous game consoles, such as the Xbox and Playstation platforms.
- Experience with Lua, or an equivalent scripting language or modding platform for games.
- A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.