Private Division (Munich, Germany)
Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. Announced as a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with renowned creative talent at studios including Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games, V1 Interactive, and more. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded marketing professional to help build a new business backed by one of the best companies in the industry.
The International PR Coordinator will be a key part of a growing marketing and communications team and contribute to the strategic development and go to market executions of Private Division’s partner games. We are seeking an enthusiastic and versatile PR professional who demonstrates an eagerness to contribute in an agile startup environment.
• Assist and contribute to a large variety of state-of-the-art international public relations activities across Europe, Russia, Australia, and New Zealand.
• In close collaboration with the International Communications Manager, work and synch with our developer partners, the New York marketing and communications teams, and the Seattle product development team in developing the international communications and PR strategies for the games.
• Coordinate and work with an international network of PR agencies in territories across Europe and Asia as well as Australia/New Zealand.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with key international media
and content creators
• Work with both internal and external development studios to accommodate interview and feature requests from international media.
• Assist in the creation of PR campaign coverage reports and post mortems.
• Work with the International Communications Manager to coordinate and support trade shows, press trips and product demos.
• Be capable of demonstrating games to press, consumers and partners.
• Travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
• Develop, maintain and grow a media contacts database
• The developers we work with are valued partners – it is equally important to be responsive and listen, as it is to contribute.
• As we are a startup environment within the organization, we are seeking a professional who is willing and able to “wear many hats”.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• A minimum of one year of experience in PR/Communications, with experience in console and/or PC video games publishing or development.
• Excellent organizational skills – able to manage time / workload and work under pressure to tight deadlines and prioritize.
• Strong communicator both written and oral.
• Able to win and maintain the respect from outside development teams through thoughtful input, strong work ethic, and perseverance.
• Demonstrate a strong ability to listen and develop a complete understanding of our partner games and the developers’ goals as organizations.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, as well as time and project management skills.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and/or other relevant project management toolset, including learning those used by our developer partners.
• Experience in building and managing relationships with freelancers, agencies, vendors, and other external resources.
• A deep desire to drive and contribute to the creation of a new business initiative.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Multiple language skills beneficial
• Ability to work in a collaborative and transparent method independently, as part of a team and with our partners.
• A deep love and understanding of games and the gaming industry.
• Strong work ethic, reliability and ability to multitask
• Office language English
• Cover letter mandatory