Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. Announced as a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, The Outer Worlds, Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey, Disintegration, and more. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded event and production professional to help be part of a new business backed by one of the best companies in the industry.
The Marketing and Communications Manager APAC will be a key part of a growing international marketing and communications team and contribute to the strategic development and go to market executions of Private Division’s partner games. Working from the Take-Two Asia headquarters in Singapore, this individual will play an important role in our success in this key region. We are looking for an experienced marketing member who demonstrates a balance of creativity and data-informed marketing strategies in an agile startup environment.
- Collaborate with the Munich international marketing, New York marketing teams and the Seattle product development team in developing the marketing, communications, and PR strategies for our games in the APAC region.
- Localize, culturize, and direct marketing creative development across video, digital, print, and social platforms across Asia and Australia / New Zealand.
- Have a keen eye for each individual territory and market, ensuring that our marketing campaigns work locally as well as globally.
- Manage the local product marketing budgets, including media, production, and vendors for the APAC region.
- Support the local T2 sales teams in Asia and Australia / New Zealand, including the production of localized sales materials and product and marketing presentations.
- Identify and work with marketing and PR freelancers and agencies in territories across Asia as well as Australia/New Zealand.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key APAC media and content creators.
- Organize and lead press events in the region as part of international developer tours, and travel to conventions, press events and other industry related events when necessary.
- Work with international PR team to accommodate interview and feature requests from international media.
- Create and manage PR campaign coverage reports and post mortems for the APAC region.
- The developers we work with are valued partners – it is equally important to be responsive and listen, as it is to contribute.
- As we are a startup environment within the organization, we are seeking a professional who will “wear many hats,” and assist and contribute to publisher activities outside of the core marketing and communications functions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing with experience in console and/or PC video games publishing.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the APAC region and market.
- Creative approach to problem solving, coupled with the ability to take creative risks.
- Experience in data-driven marketing campaign development, measurement, and optimization.
- Excellent organizational skills – able to manage time / workload and work under pressure to tight deadlines and prioritize
- Ability to work in a collaborative and transparent method with our partners and uphold our label marketing pledge.
- A deep love and understanding of games and the gaming industry, including both the development and the marketing/PR sides, from AAA releases to independent games.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to listen and develop a complete understanding of our partner games and the developers’ goals as organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, as well as time and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and/or other relevant project management toolset, including learning those used by our developer partners.
- Experience in building and managing relationships with freelancers, agencies, vendors, and other external resources.
- Expected to identify and then take ownership of any responsibilities and opportunities that present themselves to this growing organization.
- A deep desire to drive and contribute to the creation of a new business initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Multiple language skills beneficial (Mandarin, Japanese or Korean)
- ~20% Travel required, both domestic and international
- Office language English
- Cover letter mandatory