Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. As a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, has released Ancestors with Panache Digital Games and The Outer Worlds with Obsidian Entertainment, and will publish the upcoming title Disintegration with V1 Interactive along with other unannounced partnerships. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. We are growing our capabilities to allow us to continue bringing great games to players and are looking for a new member of our team near Seattle, WA.
Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program, the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re extending the game in every possible direction — forward into a future of space colonization and next-gen technology, upward to new star systems, and outward in demographic reach. KSP2’s gorgeous and beguiling universe combines with a radically improved user experience to attract and foster new players while satisfying existing fans’ appetites for new challenges. We’re also bringing a new social dimension to the game with an all-new multiplayer experience, allowing friends to collaboratively build an interstellar civilization. We believe that by preserving and extending the magic of the original game, a new generation of fans will be given a chance to fall in love with the fearless, ever-curious Kerbals as they explore the cosmos.
We are searching for a talented senior designer to join our development team. This designer would work under the direction of the lead designer to create and update gameplay systems to create a fun, real-time cooperative experience. This designer will be an individual contributor who will work closely alongside multiple disciplines.
- Work under the direction of the lead designer to design and implement multiplayer systems
- Partner with other designers and across disciplines to create and iterate on gameplay systems
- Document designs clearly and communicate to stakeholders, serving as the point of contact
- Iterate systems to bring them into alignment with the game’s goals
- 3+ years’ experience in a game design role
- Hands-on experience creating multiplayer games
- A positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to be collaborative in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience working across disciplines