ABOUT THE POSITION
Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program, the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re extending the game in every possible direction. KSP2 Loves forward into a future of space colonization and next-gen technology, upward to new star systems, and outward in demographic reach. KSP2’s gorgeous and beguiling universe combines with a radically improved user experience to attract and foster new players. It also satisfies existing fans’ appetites for new challenges. We’re also bringing a new social dimension to the game with an all-new multiplayer experience, allowing friends to collaboratively build an interstellar civilization. We believe that by preserving and extending the magic of the original game, a new generation of fans will be given a chance to fall in love with the fearless, ever-curious Kerbals as they explore the cosmos!
As the Multiplayer Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for owning all functionality associated with networking and multiplayer services for our game software. Working alongside other engineering professionals, you are a clear and streamlined communicator, and a standout colleague. You excel at crafting and writing stable, performant client-server applications, as well as optimizing user experiences for variable latency and bandwidth network connections. You will evaluate and understand the potential impacts of various service integrations and implementations, and will make evidence-based recommendations on our path forward. You’ll make deep contributions to crucial technologies that make our product outstanding. We expect candidates to hold the team to high standards by demonstrating good practices for code reviews, system design, documentation, testing, and quality software implementation. Together, we will collaborate with leadership,improve tools and processes, collaborate with QA, and deliver software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love!
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 7+ years of professional software development experience
• High level of proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
• High proficiency with TCP/UDP/IP, Networking Fundamentals, Client-Server systems, and Cloud Services for Gaming.
• Has developed software on at least one shipping game on the Desktop, Xbox, or PlayStation platforms.
• Strong communication skills, the ability to work closely and expertly with a team of peers.
• Experience with the Unity Game Engine.
• Developed scalable applications on a Major Cloud Service
• implementation (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
• Experience with developing for multiple simultaneous game consoles, such as the Xbox and Playstation platforms.
• A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.