Private Division (Seattle, Washington)
Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. Announced as a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, The Outer Worlds, Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey, Disintegration, and more. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded online focused producer to help be part of a new business backed by one of the best companies in the industry.
The Online Producer will be a key part of our Production team, supporting internal and 3rd party developers, working with them to understand their communities and helping to craft strategies around special events, offers, ongoing content and best practices for games as a service of PC and console. In addition, this is a critical role in establishing internal processes and tool pipelines and the desire to experiment and learn is key.
- Manage projects at different stages of development from concept to completion with a focus on how the game is supported during online tests and post-launch.
- Serve as a resource to development studios, assisting them in live operations planning and the resolution of problems.
- Support the strategic planning and budgeting processes for products.
- Maintain project budgets, schedules and forecasts, anticipating, identifying and resolving overruns, and using state-of-the-art project management toolsets.
- Assist and drive back-end processes such as Games as a Service / Live Operations, Release Management or Technical Developer Assessment as needed for our projects.
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing candidates for positions within studios, as well as for new roles with Private Division.
- Coordinate with Release Management and industry first parties (e.g. Valve, Sony and Microsoft) seeing projects from launch to post-launch support.
- A deep desire to learn and contribute to the creation and growth of a new business initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in game development and has shipped one or more titles for PC or console and supported them post-launch.
- Experience soft-launching games or online beta tests.
- Experience designing features or systems to augment an already-established product and drive player behavior.
- Can share examples of designing amazing player-facing features that have driven player engagement or improved key KPIs.
- Well-versed in data science analysis and reporting systems.
- A love and understanding of games and what it takes to make them and comfort within the chaos of development.
- Experience with production processes and methodologies including Agile, SCRUM and waterfall.
- Able to win and maintain the respect from outside development teams through thoughtful input and perseverance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as time and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and/or other meaningful project management toolset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and communicate with all product development disciplines.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with vendors and other external resources.
- Expected to identify and then take ownership of any responsibilities that lie within the scope of projects that are not currently assigned.