Private Division (Seattle, WA)
We are looking for a Producer to join Kerbal Space Program at Private Division! This Producer will contribute to complex development projects in this fantastic franchise, and be responsible for releasing updates and new features on time and to standards of the highest quality. You will partner with internal and external teams to develop, track, and deliver on the release roadmap and be involved in all phases of game development from conception through release. The Producer will support the Executive Producer and act as a liaison between the development teams and the internal and external services Private Division uses to help bring games to market.
You will work as part of Private Division, a new publishing label within the Take-Two family comprised of proven games industry veterans and dedicated to bringing titles from top independent developers to market. Private Division is a developer-focused publisher empowering independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale.
- Collaborate with development teams to manage projects in stages from concept to completion, focusing on meeting production schedules at high quality.
- Serve as a resource to development studios, assisting them in the resolution of problems.
- Work closely with partner and internal producers on continuous process improvement, discovering and making an impact in areas that make us better.
- Contribute to the evolution of the franchise roadmap.
- Build relationships to closely partner with other groups in Private Division such as Release Management and QA.
- Coordinate with industry first party platform owners (e.g. Valve, Sony and Microsoft), managing projects from concept through to Gold Master.
- Maintain project budgets, schedules and forecasts, anticipating, identifying and resolving overruns, and using state-of-the-art project management toolsets.
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing for positions within studios, as well as for new roles with Private Division.
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
- A deep desire to learn and contribute to the expansion of a wonderful and compelling IP.
- 4+ years of experience in game development, with one or more titles released for PC or console.
- Experience with the console platform submission and PC release processes.
- A love and understanding of games and what it takes to make them great amid the chaos of development.
- Experience with software development processes and methodologies including Agile, SCRUM and waterfall.
- Ability to win and maintain the respect of partner development teams through thoughtful input and perseverance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as time and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, and/or other meaningful project management toolset.
- Proven ability to lead and communicate with all product development disciplines.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with vendors and other external resources.
- Expected to identify and then take ownership of any responsibilities that lie within the scope of projects that are not currently assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.