Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. As a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, has released Ancestors with Panache Digital Games and The Outer Worlds with Obsidian Entertainment, and will publish the upcoming title Disintegration with V1 Interactive along with other unannounced partnerships. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. We are growing our capabilities to allow us to continue bringing great games to players and are looking for a new member of our team near Seattle, WA.
Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program, the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re extending the game in every possible direction — forward into a future of space colonization and next-gen technology, upward to new star systems, and outward in demographic reach. KSP2’s gorgeous and beguiling universe combines with a radically improved user experience to attract and foster new players while satisfying existing fans’ appetites for new challenges. We’re also bringing a new social dimension to the game with an all-new multiplayer experience, allowing friends to collaboratively build an interstellar civilization. We believe that by preserving and extending the magic of the original game, a new generation of fans will be given a chance to fall in love with the fearless, ever-curious Kerbals as they explore the cosmos.
We’re seeking a UX Designer to work with our UI/UX team to create and maintain high quality assets. As an UX Designer, you will own the strategy for visual and interaction design that adheres to a cohesive style guide and maintains consistency throughout visual elements and behaviors. You’ll work with a variety of team members to design, create, implement and optimize UI/UX assets for our titles. You will be responsible for maintaining high visual fidelity, competitive aesthetics, and presenting game information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Creating storyboards, user flows, wire-frames, and prototypes
- Run user tests to identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Create and improve features across the game that present information and functions in a clear and understandable manner
- Create comprehensive documentation detailing individual feature functions, states, and interactions
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing and implementing UI mock-ups within Unity
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy
- Knowledge of wire-frame tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe XD, InVision)
- Knowledge of design software (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Portfolio is required, the portfolio must include UX & UI focused work samples
- Experience working within a collaborative environment across multi-disciplinary departments
- Self-motivated team player with a supportive nature and proven work ethic
- A user-centric mindset with a creative and analytical approach
- Enthusiasm to discover and learn new processes, trades, and tools
- Passion for space exploration