Private Division (New York, NY)
Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. Announced as a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with renowned creative talent at studios including Obsidian Entertainment, Panache Digital Games, V1 Interactive, and more. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded video editor to help build a new business backed by one of the best companies in the industry.
The video editor will be a part of a growing marketing and communications team, and contribute to establishing the visual identity of Private Division’s partner games. We are seeking an experienced video editor who demonstrates creativity, collaborates well internally and externally, works well in an agile startup environment, and is a hardcore gamer.
- Collaborate with our developer partners, the internal marketing team, and the producer on developing and executing high quality game trailers and multiple video assets.
- Scope, set up, and maintain a video editing suite to meet the label and developer video production needs.
- Work with the social media and communications teams to produce relevant social assets for our partner games.
- Capture gameplay, and work within a 3D environment with a freedom camera and additional tools to set up and record gameplay for b-roll, trailers, and gameplay videos.
- Manage the label’s screenshot capture services and produce in-game visual assets.
- Support the PR and communication team to produce still and video assets for press.
- Work with our partners and teams on crafting high concept exploration videos to explore multiple creative directions.
- Capture and edit ratings boards videos as required by the producer.
- Seek out, vet, and manage relationships with external freelancers and vendors as needed.
- Manage video production budgets, including reconciliations and expenditure tracking.
- The developers we work with are valued partners – it is equally important to be responsive and listen, as it is to contribute.
- As we are a startup environment within the organization, we are seeking a professional who will “wear many hats,” and assist and contribute to publisher activities outside of the core editor functions.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in video editing, with experience in either video game or motion picture trailer production.
- A love and understanding of video games and the gaming industry, especially the video assets created to support AAA releases and independent games.
- Expert proficiency in either Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or Avid editing systems, as well as relevant visual effects supporting software such as After Effects.
- Intermediate to Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Illustrator and Photoshop.
- In-engine rendering knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in location video production, interviewing on-camera subjects, and documentary filming is a plus.
- Creative approach to both video production and problem solving, coupled with the ability to take creative risks.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and transparent method with our partners and uphold our label marketing pledge.
- Able to win and maintain the respect from outside development teams through thoughtful input, strong work ethic, and perseverance.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to listen, and develop a complete understanding of our partner games and the developers’ goals as organizations.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as time and project management skills.
- Experience building and managing relationships with freelancers, vendors, and other external resources.
- Expected to identify and then take ownership of any responsibilities and opportunities that present themselves to this growing organization.
- A deep desire to drive and contribute to the creation of a new business initiative.