ABOUT THE POSITION
Who We Are:
Do you have a talent for building and leading teams that deliver highly entertaining experiences? Do you love games that inspire players to reach beyond their horizons, and explore new ways to play, grow, and craft their way to new worlds and experiences? Intercept Games is the developer for Kerbal Space Program 2, the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re now building a new team to work on an unannounced Mission that has us extremely excited and fully continues our goal to make phenomenal games for our players to love. If this sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you!
We are searching for a lead designer to work alongside the creative director and a small team of designers. The lead will shepard the game’s vision, narrative, and mechanics. We are looking for a meticulous and versatile designer with proven collaboration skills and experience working in established IPs. They are comfortable looking at the project in a holistic manner and can guide disparate parts into an engaging whole.
What You’ll Take On
Collaborate and lead a team in driving a combined vision across narrative, mechanics, and content. Determine and drive the intersection between simulation and fun. KSP allows players to explore real-world rocketry and space travel in a fun-spirited manner. Mentor and grow designers, so they can confidently deliver systems and content.
What You Bring
The lead designer has at least 6 years experience in a game design role, with some experience as a lead. They have successfully shipped a title as a designer. They have a positive and self-driven attitude, and they are excited to collaborate in a complementary team. They have excellent storytelling instincts and are skilled in storytelling through gameplay. They enable players to be able to their own tales through the game experience. They are a strong written and verbal communicator. They clearly and concisely define, inform, and advocate within their own team and to the project at large.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!