ABOUT THE POSITION
WHO WE ARE:
Do you have a talent for building and leading teams that deliver highly entertaining experiences? Do you love games that inspire players to reach beyond their horizons, and explore new ways to play, grow, and craft their way to new worlds and experiences? Intercept Games is the developer for Kerbal Space Program 2, the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re now building a new team to work on an unannounced mission that has us extremely excited and fully continues our goal to make phenomenal games for our players to love. If this sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU’LL TAKE ON:
As an Engineering Lead on our team, you will be responsible for establishing the team and leading the delivery of all software associated with a new title at Intercept Games. Working alongside other team leads, you are a clear communicator, and a standout colleague. You have high standards and solid criteria for interviewing and hiring your engineering team, an evidence-based evaluation process for helping them make the best decisions, and a long term strategic view towards both shipping a high quality game and growing the careers of your team members. Your technical skills will allow you to guide your team toward making deep contributions to critical technologies that make our products outstanding. We expect our leaders to hold the team to high standards by participating in and demonstrating good practices for code reviews, system design, documentation, and testing. While you may, from time to time, write software for your project, this is not your primary responsibility; leading your team to success is. Together, we will build amazing teams and products, and deliver software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love!
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering management experience.
- High level of proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
- Has led an engineering team for, or developed software on, at least one shipping game on the Desktop, Xbox, or Playstation platforms.
- Possesses strong communication skills, is inspirational, empathetic, and has the ability to work closely and deftly with a team of peers.
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine.
- Strong skills around CI, VCS, and a metrics-driven approach to performance optimization.
- Experience with developing for multiple simultaneous game consoles, such as the Xbox and Playstation platforms.
- A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.