Who We Are
Intercept Games and Private Division are the developers for the Kerbal Space Program franchise, a space simulation that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re currently growing our team to support the original KSP and build on work for KSP2 and future unannounced missions. If this sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Software Engineer II on our team, you will initially work on bringing our KSP game console experience up to parity with our PC releases. This will involve working with platform providers, our existing code base, build and release systems, and feature engineering team. The role will transition to developing new features on in-flight and future titles once we have completed our console goals.
What You’ll Take On
You are a clear and crisp communicator, a team player, and you excel at being a solid, high-standards developer. Working alongside our Senior Engineers and your teammates, you will drive the design of your software feature areas, and deliver stable, performant, maintainable implementations that meet the requirements set by our game design team. You’ll make deep contributions to essential technologies that make our product unique, and you will demonstrate good practices in code reviews, documentation, testing, and quality software implementation. You will collaborate with the engineering and design teams, build necessary tools, work with QA, and deliver amazing software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love.
What You Bring
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
- Has contributed software to least one shipping games on the Desktop, Xbox, or Playstation platforms.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to work closely and professionally with a team of peers.
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine.
- Experience with developing for game consoles, such as the Xbox and Playstation platforms.
- A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.
What We Offer You
- Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare with Bupa, Private dental with Bupa, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health checks with Bupa, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (60% salary), 26 days holiday, + other great perks and great office facilities!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!