Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. As a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program, has released Ancestors with Panache Digital Games and The Outer Worlds with Obsidian Entertainment, and will publish the upcoming title Disintegration with V1 Interactive along with other unannounced partnerships. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. We are growing our capabilities to allow us to continue bringing great games to players and are looking for a new member of our team near Seattle, WA.
Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program, the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We’re extending the game in every possible direction — forward into a future of space colonization and next-gen technology, upward to new star systems, and outward in demographic reach. KSP2’s gorgeous and beguiling universe combines with a radically improved user experience to attract and foster new players while satisfying existing fans’ appetites for new challenges. We’re also bringing a new social dimension to the game with an all-new multiplayer experience, allowing friends to collaboratively build an interstellar civilization. We believe that by preserving and extending the magic of the original game, a new generation of fans will be given a chance to fall in love with the fearless, ever-curious Kerbals as they explore the cosmos.
As a Software Engineer II on our team, you will be responsible for delivering major components of our game software, working alongside a team of engineering professionals. You are a clear and crisp communicator, a team player, and you excel at being a solid, high-standards developer. Working alongside our Senior Engineers and your teammates, you will drive the design of your software feature areas, and deliver stable, performant, maintainable implementations that meet the requirements set by our game design team. You’ll make deep contributions to essential technologies that make our product unique, and you will demonstrate good practices in code reviews, documentation, testing, and quality software implementation. You will collaborate with the engineering and design teams, build necessary tools, work with QA, and deliver amazing software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love.
- Prototype and build new game-play features.
- Develop effective User Interfaces, such as display elements, notifications, and menus
- Create and document technical designs as needed for new features.
- Provide code reviews for coworkers and guidance for less experienced engineers.
- Work with artists to build new graphical effects.
- Identify and fix client and server performance issues.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Solid proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
- Has contributed software to least one shipping games on the Desktop, Xbox, or Playstation platforms.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to work closely and professionally with a team of peers.
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine.
- Experience with developing for game consoles, such as the Xbox and Playstation platforms.
- Experience with Lua, or an equivalent scripting language or modding platform for games.
- Expertise in at least one of the following domains: multi-thread/multi-core optimization; networking/multiplayer and Major Cloud Service implementation (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud); 3D Rendering and Shader implementation/optimization; Game Physics and 3D math; AI, Simulation, pathfinding; Asset streaming, Dynamic LOD, and mesh Tessellation; Audio synthesis and DSP.
- A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.